The book that started the ‘deep’ movement with the Enneagram.
2nd Edition with more than 40% new and updated material!
In this second edition (15th year anniversary) Dr. Roxanne Howe-Murphy refines the integration of Enneagram wisdom and coaching.
The first edition, published in 2007, was considered ground-breaking and revolutionary.
“We believe that this book will lay the groundwork for the growth and appreciation of both the Enneagram and coaching, showing the way toward greater excellence in both fields.”
— Excerpted from the 2007 Foreword by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
Authors of the best-selling book Wisdom of the Enneagram
Offering a radically compassionate, counter-intuitive approach to the change process, healing and growth-oriented professionals meet clients where they are and support them in experiencing that which is beyond their usual way of knowing themselves. Trusting the power of presence, coach and client alike are led to often significant outcomes that could not have been predicted.
Get Your Copy Today!
Buy on Amazon
“This book illuminates the Enneagram as a guide for spiritual transformation. The growing Enneagram community welcomed it in 2007 as an essential professional resource for coaches, and as a groundbreaking foundational structure for working with a new, counter-intuitive model for change. It was revolutionary then and it still is today.”
— Excerpted from the 2022 Foreword by Belinda Gore, PhD
Author, Finding Freedom in Authentic Relationships: A life-changing exploration of the Enneagram and Object Relations
Built on the foundations of the 2007 book, some of the new material in this second edition includes:
- teachings not found in previous writings
- more in-depth descriptions of coaching processes, and the addition of more coaching cues to support the use of the material in the professional-client relationship
- the ego-code and Triangle of Identity, originally introduced in Deep Living with the Enneagram: Recovering Your True Nature, revised and edited (2020), are integrated into the descriptions of the nine Enneagram types with suggested ways they can be applied in the coaching process.
The Five Pillars of Deep Coaching are explicitly named and interwoven throughout the book. These intersecting pillars include: the Enneagram; presence as the basis for coaching; the counter-intuitive change process; orienting clients toward self-acceptance, love and interconnectedness; and the inner work of the coach.
This paradigm, anchored in the practice of presence, allows the practitioner to meet clients where they are, accepting the full range of their human experience. Calling upon these pillars supports the healing of inner pain, illuminates hidden obstacles and new pathways to true choice, and leads to unexpected and sometimes exceptional outcomes that could not have been predicted in advance. Find yourself in awe as clients experience significant shifts in consciousness and states of being. They are changed.
Through Deep Coaching:
- learn processes for bringing your clients’ attention to their three innate Centers of Intelligence as a basis for presence that changes everything.
- build client capacity for the transformative impact of direct, in-the-moment contact with their experience, creating shifts to meaningful choice and inner freedom.
- support clients in embodying the alignment between their authentic inner guidance and the outward expression of their true priorities.
- engage in your own transformative process, and embrace the sacredness of being with your clients’ life-altering work.
ARE YOU NEW TO DEEP COACHING AND THE ENNEAGRAM?
Here are Six Background Threads from Deep Coaching
- Each of the nine Enneagram types has its own version of an internal (and hidden) architectural blueprint which shapes our internal dialogue, our perception of self, of others, and of our relationship to the world. Here we (or our clients) cannot be aware of real choices. The 9 Enneagram Iceberg descriptions, including the Triangles of Identity, provide guidance on applications for coaches.
- Through recognizing the illusion created by the blueprint of the personality, what is real, enduring and Essential within becomes more available. True choice becomes more accessible. This is true for both the coach and the client.
- The coach’s capacity to anchor their approach and the ‘professional-client relational field’ in presence is fundamental to sustained, transformative change.
- The process of sensing into the default urges that drive the ego’s directives and moving toward what has been resisted, accelerates transformative shifts.
- The Deep Coaching approach with the Enneagram will support your clients in understanding that there is nothing “wrong” with them.
- The Enneagram is a map of love in action.
Join growth-oriented professionals around the globe who are having a profound impact through Deep Coaching. They recognize that one’s core Enneagram type is a powerful starting place to experience a new relationship with oneself and the transformative movement toward wholeness.
Using the Enneagram as a Catalyst for Profound Change